Sooner or later someone will ask you to convert old footage from a VHS tape to a DVD or Hard Drive. In this tutorial I will show you the steps and equipment needed to accomplish this task.
- VCR (of course) but make sure the heads are clean and that it has RCA outputs.
- A video converter, I use Cannopus ADVC 110
- External Hard Drive-most will do, but VHS tapes can take up a lot of space.
- Connect the RCA cables from the OUT of the VCR to the IN of the video converter
- On the video converter make sure it is engaged and on digital mode (my converter will light up)
- Connect out from the video converter to your Mac via firewire (400 or 800)
Watch the video below once you have made all of the necessary connections.
After you get the footage imported into iMovie you can place it on the project timeline and edit and export to iDVD to burn a DVD. (Tutorial coming soon) Visit http://www.webvideochefs.com for all of my tutorials.