Here are my findings:
- iPad 2 video works best outside on an overcast day (that way you can see what you are filming and footage will come out better)
- It pics up video articfacts you can see when it looks over exposed or when the video is “hot”
- The front facing camera is not good at all, its SD quality and mostly for FaceTime.
- You look a little akward holding that screen, but you can hold it fairly steady.
- iMovie software on the iPad 2 was very easy to use and intiuative.
I enjoyed shooting with the iPad 2, but I will use it for family and behind the scenes videos, there won’t be a need to give up my gear.